“I can’t adopt a dog right now, but I want to help!”
If you aren’t ready to adopt a dog right now or you can’t adopt a dog but want to help NBCR save lives, Volunteering is a great way to do so!
Without our foster homes we would not be able to save the lives of border collies in danger of euthanasia. Because all of the dogs in our care are in foster homes, our ability to save lives is completely dependent on the number of available foster homes. Our foster homes help dogs learn basic house manners and receive individual love and affection that helps prepare them for their forever home.
We provide the following for foster dogs:
- Veterinary Care
- Treats & toys (when available)
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We are a complete volunteer operated organization and have many ways that you can help. Can you help with any of the following?
- Calling references for adoption applications
- Completing home visits for adoption applications
- Educating the public about border collies
- Setting up &/or volunteering at meet the dogs events
- Marketing & Social Media
- Follow up calls with adoptive families to learn how dogs are doing in their forever homes
- Inventory of supplies
- Performing donation requests
- Writing thank you cards to donors
- Transport of dogs to foster homes
- Transport of dogs to rescue
- Transport of dogs to veterinary appointments
- Photographing dogs for our Facebook page and Website
- And so much more!
If you are you interested in volunteering, click here to submit a volunteer application.